Ukraine‘s economy will be decimated by the Russian invasion. Prior to this, Ukraine’s economic performance was showing signs of sustained improvement since 2014. The infographic below summarises its performance with regards to GDP, trade (exports and imports), labour force (employed and unemployed), economic sentiment, average salary and foreign direct investment performance.
More coverage of the Ukraine invasion from Investment Monitor:
- ‘Who’s going to travel here or invest now?’: The impact of the Ukraine crisis
- Which countries are most exposed to interruption in Ukraine food exports?
- Taiwan’s semiconductor ban could spell catastrophe for Russia
- What impact will the Ukraine invasion have on wheat prices?
- From hamburgers to helmets: How foreign companies in Ukraine are supporting the war effort
- Tax havens blur who Russia’s allies are when it comes to investment
- Germany’s stance on Ukraine-Russia dispute isn’t just about gas
- Why central bank sanctions should have Putin and Russia worried
- Ukraine: an FDI snapshot
- The impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on real assets
- Which multinational companies are most exposed to the Ukraine-Russia conflict?
- Institutional investors respond to the Russian invasion of Ukraine
- The impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on trade