- BlackRock is the world’s largest asset management firm, with $10trn of assets under management (AUM) as of December 2021. The company’s AUM has been increasing steadily since 2017, after experiencing a drop in 2016.
- BlackRock’s product offerings include single and multi-asset portfolios investing in equities, fixed income, alternatives and money market instruments. It also provides advisory services.
- BlackRock’s sustainable AUM grew to $509bn as of December 2021, which is up from $200bn in 2020.
- BlackRock provides services to both institutional and retail investors. Its clients include defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, charities, foundations and endowments, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, financial institutions, corporations and third-party fund sponsors, and retail intermediaries.
- BlackRock has more than 18,000 employees globally.
- Among BlackRock’s employees, who self-identified their gender, 43.5% are women, according to the company's 2021 Sustainability Disclosure report.
- Among BlackRock’s US employees who self-identified their race/ethnicity, 6.9% are Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, 26% are Asian and 2.5% are Native American or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, or have “two or more races”, according to the report.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
- When it comes to BlackRock’s board, 35% of directors are women, 17% identified as racially ethnically diverse and 6% identified as LGBTQ+.
- The 2021 total annual compensation for BlackRock’s named executive officers ranges from $9.75m to $36m.
- BlackRock’s personnel work from over 80 offices in more than 30 countries. The company’s new headquarters are located at 50 Hudson Yards, a Manhattan-based skyscraper.